Cloud Automation Engineerhasresponsibilities to design, develop and deploy automation to be used on delivery and support of EWT services and IT Projects. The Cloud Automation Engineer will interact daily with various teams with in EWT, Client Technology and Information Security organizations, as executing daily work. The individual will support all aspects of automation and scripting for cloud services such as versioning, testing, integration, safe-vault,requirements gathering, and estimation as well as develop capabilities, standards and blueprints that can be followed internally and externally. Cloud Automation Team members are autonomous and self-sufficient with strong communications and time management skills, hence such qualities including excellent interpersonal and client service skills are required from applicants.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
- Active driver for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and Continuous Monitoring for deliverables
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production.
- Input into internal and external organizationstowards development of standards as well as efficiencies
- Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification
- Adheres to engineering methodologies and architecture global standards.
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notify leadership of situation with possible solutions.
- Involve and drive firm’s evolution towards DevSecOps
- Execution of process engineering and operational improvement initiatives for automation tooling focused on cloud
- Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for incidents and problems related to affected automation
- Requirements gathering for design, development and deployment
- Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled automation in support of other technology domains
- Performing audits and analysis of existing products for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
- Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft,Amazon, etc) for escalation of issues
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to perform analysis of metrics, data, and key performance indicators (KPI) for the purpose of making decisions around staffing,
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
- For Windows focused candidates: current experience and skill on use of Azure ARM with native extensions to PowerShell DSC
For Linux focused candidates: current experience and skill on use of Azure ARM with Satellite and Puppet for provisioning and configuration management as well as Ansible
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages, orchestration and automation tools as needed
- Exposure and hands on experience with Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) with strong coding capability in one or more languages, especially PowerShell, bash or Python and strong integration knowledge based on authentication and authorization in cloud.
- Experience with various Microsoft and open-source based platforms is a plus (such as IIS, MsSQL, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD for Microservices and Containers is a plus.
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours on occasion
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, global team structure, but also independently
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable productivity
- Experience in working in waterfall projects as well as in DevSecOps model
- Substantial, extensive and demonstrated experience in various aspects of automation with in cloud environments
- Approximately 4-5 years of related work experience, 4-5 years of development or system engineering/support function